At Paltech we specialize in providing solutions for our customers. We will work with you to design and develop special valves that match your operating conditions.
Based in South Africa’s manufacturing hub, Centurion, Gauteng we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality valves and valve services. Our service offering includes valve repairs, refurbishments and non-destructive testing (NDT).
We are currently servicing South Africa, Australia, Netherlands, various countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Posi Flate (Southern Africa)
Other Service Offerings:
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
Paltech strives to continuously improve its operations and quality remains the priority focus.
We run an Integrated Management System.
● ISO 9001: 2015 by TUV Rheinland Certificate
● PED 2014/68/EU
● SIL Certification
● SABS SANS 1849:2008
● ISO 14001: 2015
● ISO 45001: 2018
● Maritime type approval
● API Q1
The Paltech Journey:
The company was founded in 1980 by L. Petzwinkler and K Schmidt – Karick Investments (Pty) Ltd trading as P&L Metalworks and Engineering (manufacturer of butterfly valves and turned CNC components). New ownership and name change to Palvalve (Pty) Ltd on the 1st December 1989 – Directors JW McMenamin and DX Hellman.
1st July 1998
Merger with Automax SA (Pty) Ltd –
name change to Paltechnologies (Pty) Ltd.
1st March 2002
Change of ownership to the
1st February 2015
change of ownership to Richard Burton.
29th March 2018
change of majority ownership to
Mokoena Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
Recent Milestones Timeline:
● 2015: joined the Valve and Actuator Manufacturers Cluster of South Africa (VAMCOSA)
● 2017: commenced manufacturing of designed and developed the country’s first domestically
manufactured specialty aluminum transformer valve
● March 2018: Passed SIL Level 3: IEC 61508 Certificate received February 2019
● August 2018: Transition to the International Organisation of Standardization’s (ISO) quality
management standard ISO 9001: 2015
● September 2018: Received PED 2014/68/EU Certification
● October 2018: Received ISO9001 certification
● October 2018: Approved for SABS SANS 1849:2008
● October 2018: Paltech Ghana incorporated.
● October 2018: Nuclear certification project – Gap analysis complete. Stage one audit set for 2019.
● November 2018: first exposure at international trade shows: China Import Exhibition in Shanghai
● Valve World Exhibition in Dusseldorf, Germany December 2018: Awarded JASWIC certification
● February 2019: Paltech developed the first transformer valve testing machine in the southern hemisphere.
● February 2019: Obtained ISO 45001:2018 certification
● February 2019: Obtained ISO 14001:2015 certification